- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- juice of 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
- ⅓ cup chopped canned artichoke hearts (drain then chop!)
- extra olive oil, for drizzling
- Add the chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, water, garlic, salt, cumin and cayenne to the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed (I process it for about 45 seconds to 1 minute in my food processor to get it smooth, stopping once to scrape down the bowl).
- Transfer the hummus to a medium bowl and stir in the spinach (break it up with your fingers first) and artichokes until combined. Taste and season with additional salt and / or cayenne as needed. Lightly drizzle some olive oil over the top.
- Serve with crackers, pita chips, bread, or veggies such as bell peppers or carrots.
Feed Your Potential 365™ is an easy and totally free way to get the healthy living insights, ideas and information you need:
- Power Your Performance - with nutrition tips from our dietitians
- Get Inspired - with healthy recipe ideas, tips and tricks from our chefs
- Feed Your Potential - with health and wellbeing news you can use from experts at the American Heart Association
Get started at FYP365.com.
Also be sure to follow us on Instagram @Aramark!